Sunday 22 May 2011

Finished!

Afternoon!

So last week I left it as a half finished bag with up to the handles sown together. This morning I got back from Watford and seeing as it was all nice and sunny decided that it would be a good day to throw open the curtains and do some sewing in natural light!

I sewed the handles together in three different ways in the end, not very good at this reversible malarky! I got there in the end though, and ended up with this...



Yay! A fully reversible bag! I turned it back inside out though and went over the handles again as there was one area where I'd run too close to the edge of the polka dot lining and I was a bit concerned it would run.

So after doing that, I then turned it back to the right way around, and then decided that I couldn't be arsed to hand sew the handles because I never intended to actually make it reversible anyway. So I did the lazy option of sewing straight across and doubling back across the top of the two handles, making a loop. And got this...



Ta dah! My first finished sewing machine project! Regardless of the fact I actually started it in January then ran aground, I reckon I could make one of these in a few hours if I started another one. It's surprisingly roomy - I don't really pay attention to those 1/4 inch seam allowance notes yet :S - and believe it or not, there's a full skein of sock yarn sat in the bag in that picture. This is my knew knitting bag (see what I did there?) and it's gonna be awesome :)

xx

No comments: