Thursday 3 March 2011

Knitting Mojo Returns!

Morning :)

I'm busily typing this blog post and ignoring the state of my room. It needs a good spring clean. Putting that on the to-do list!

I believe I have my knitting mojo back :) Partially if not completely - I've bought yarn (naughty!) and I've been knitting, I think that counts!

I was watching TV on Monday night after my knitting class - yep, it's back for the next 5 weeks - with a focus on 'family learning' which basically means knitting baby clothes. I took my KAL shawl with me and worked on it while at the class, but stopped fairly soon after getting there because we were focusing on mitred squares (an amazing blanket made this way can be seen here on the Mason Dixon KAL blog).

When I got home I was watching TV and it felt really odd not having something to work on while watching it. Plus it had just ticked over to Midnight and 01/03/2011 - Happy St. Davids Day everyone! - and that meant that if I started a sock project it would count for my YOSS Sock Club.


So I cast on! Using these 2.5mm Opal bamboo dpns for the first time. I've not used bamboo before. They seem alright so far. Sometimes they seem to drag and it can be quite difficult to get through the stitches. It feels like they need oiling a little!


I'm using this Regia yarn. It's the Kaffe Fasset design line. I have a problem in that I have bought 2 different colours of Regia yarn, and not been 100% with either. This one looked amazing in the picture... Having said that, I do like the short repeats every now and again, it makes a wave style effect every now and again. Just not 100% on the colours overall. The other was a replacement for an out of stock colourway that the lady on the phone assured me was nice. It's blue and beige...


This is where I got to before I turned in last night. This sock is growing *really* fast. I've kinda shocked myself. All that (about 6-7 inches) in a day. I started on the heel last night, it's definitely my favourite part of knitting socks, it's magic :) I'm going to Cardiff this weekend and this will be on the train with me :)


I went yarn shopping last week, and these arrived at my door. These are hand kettle dyed by Ruth of Ruthmel1 on Etsy. She has amazing colours! I'd love an unlimited budget to try all of her yarns! The largest skein (Storm Cloud) is gorgeous, but the other has been replaced by a custom dyed one that Ruth made for me this week due to a photo mix up on the listing. The new one is gorgeous, and my very first custom dyed skein!


These are the other two skeins from my 'payday yarn spree' on the same day. The flash doesn't really show it, but the second skein is sparkly :) It's going to make the most amazing, soft and sparkly sock. I know just the project for it!

xx

No comments: