Saturday 13 November 2010

Knit Cafe book

Evening!

I hope you're well. I'm freezing and watching the boyfriend go kart at a random spot in London. It's his friends birthday and they were supposed to start at 5.30. They started an hour later, but are only now actually racing!

I'm pretty content though. I visited Loop and I Knit today. I was hoping to buy some yarn to knit my vintage jumper pattern but I worked out it would cost me about £160 to buy the necessary amount in Loop. Gutted :-( It was full of gorgeous yarns, and I was quite happy to stand, look and stroke! Tom was with me and a bit bored though, so we left and went to the pub to see the second half of his favourite football team play. Compromise eh?!

After that we travelled to Waterloo to visit I Knit. By this point I'd decided I was going to make the other jumper pattern, which is slightly easier and knit in DK on 7mm needles instead of 4-ply on 4 different sizes! It was still pretty expensive to get the necessary amount of DK though so I gave up.

I'll have to try again at Jacksons on Monday. The most expensive 4-ply they had was £4 a ball. Granted it probably won't be as pretty, but I think I should play it safe to begin with until I know the pattern and know I like the end results!

On the way to go karting we walked past a discounted book store. I picked up a copy or Knit Cafe for £3.99 which is well worth it (rrp £9.99).

I've just read the entire thing while waiting for the go karters. There's a few patterns in there I just know I'm going to make! If you find a copy take a look.

I'd love it if there was somewhere similar in Reading, I love the whole feel, idea and philosophy behind it. If I could open one, I would :-)

Have a good evening!

xx
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: