Wednesday 15 September 2010

Ravelry

Morning,

I signed up for Ravelry yesterday. So far it's been awesome! It's a huge site chock full of knitters and crochet(ers?)/hookers (that sounds wrong!) and loads of patterns that members can submit and rate. It also has yarn sellers on there, and if will keep track of your hooks and needles (a little similar to the Knit Cards app I have on my phone).

I spent about an hour on it last night, and now have about 20 patterns saved that I would like to attempt/save for future reference. There's some scarves on there (obviously, I am a beginner!) but also other random stuff, like a Tofu pin cushion which made me giggle a lot when I saw it, mug warmers, knitting elephants... you name it, it's probably on there!

They also have a huge forum, and members who contribute to Q&A sessions which are rather handy for the uneducated like myself!

YAY! *I left to answer the doorbell* The postman just dropped off some of the knitting needles I bought off Ebay on Monday. They're HUGE! (Very, very long.) I've just a little measure and all 5 are 14 inches long. Which explains my shock as the 4mm plastic ones I'm using now are only 8 inches. Vintage needles in old sizes 2, 4, 6, 7, 8.

Anyway, back to the post! I'm enjoying it so far, and I love the way that you can add projects to your queue of things to knit/crochet as you come along them while searching, or simply save them for later. Needless to say, the tofu pincushion went straight to the queue!

xx

No comments: