Wednesday 22 September 2010

Making Magazine

Evening,

I bought the new Launch Issue of Making magazine tonight on my way home. It was £4.99 and seemed to have a fair amount of new things to do in it. It's split into 6 sections; bathroom, living areas, kitchen, wardrobe, garden and techniques.

My overall impression is that the magazine is aimed at people a little older than myself. I like that it has a broad range of things so I'll definitely be keeping it and will keep a beady eye for future issues.

This issue contains:
7 different ways to alter a dress in a week (not the same one! It will be useful when I eventually have a sewing machine as that's the kind of thing I want to do),
Interviews and articles,
How to re-upholster a chair in 6 different ways,
How to make your own enamelled buttons,
Different ways of wrapping and presenting home made gifts,
A sewing machine special,
9 different cupcake icing recipes,
9 different pickling suggestions,
Some ideas for Halloween,
How to make bath bombs and lotion bars....

It also has some 'project cards' on 4 different things (eg. making piped cake decorations) at the back which you can buy a box for to collect them all. This issue also has a similar thing covering knitting basics which is also handy.

Keep an eye out and see if you like it :)

xx

No comments: