Tuesday 27 July 2010

The Simple Woman's Day Post

Outside my window… is a new day. I don't really want to get up and go to work early like I did yesterday so today I'm going to pop to the shops and buy some tomatoes and mozarella, then make myself a caprese salad for lunch in work today (I'm working late shift this week).

I am thankful for… generous friends. The last two weeks have been hard due to family health problems, and my friends have kept in touch with me, and stood by me each day. I've also been given a tripod by my boyfriends parents which is also incredibly kind.

I am wearing… a Fun Factory t-shirt. Fun Factory was my favourite night at the university's Union. My boyfriend jumped and caught it for me the last time I ever went. It holds special memories so I wear it rarely as I don't want it to get ruined.

I am remembering… what my grandmother used to be like. She has a form of dementia and is currently in hospital, a shadow of her former self.

A few plans for the week… work! Then on the weekend I'm heading home to help out my family. If my grandmother is to come out of hospital the downstairs front room has to be emptied and turned into a bedroom for her arrival. So I'm heading home to help out.

I am currently reading… Charlaine Harris's True Blood Omnibus. I started watching the show a week or so ago.

I am hoping… that it won't happen this week.

On my mind… I'm wondering how best to ask my manager in advance for extended 'special leave' for when the time comes that I need to head home for a funeral of someone very dear to me.

Hearing… cars drive by. And a plane.

I am praying that… that my mother recovers from her MS relapse quickly, and that my grandfather finds the strength to get through what's happening at the moment.

From the kitchen… a caprese salad. I also tried my hand at making two mushroom and cheese calzones last week. They worked pretty well. Oh and numberous cupcakes for a cake sale to raise extra money after I took part in Race For Life (Cancer Research UK).

Around the house… there are several things that need tidying and putting away. Not today though.

One of my favorite things… is my new Race For Life medal. It isn't perfect, but neither am I.

From my picture journal…



xx

No comments: